Posted on March 28, 2017 by sisi
Updated on March 28, 2017
Great alternatives to plant pots
The spring season has already begun. Now is the time to cultivate plants and garden flowers. The plants that have overwintered at home must be brought slowly outside. But before this happens, some plants and flowers should be repotted. You can always buy new plant pots, but why not make them yourself? Much more interesting and eyacatching would be because the homemade plant pots of old dishes or other, no longer usable items. You can master this in no time. For your help and suggestions, we have some ideas and tips on how you can make great plant pots yourself. Have fun reading!
In every house there are many unnecessary items that are simply no longer used and that only collect dust. In the kitchen you will find mostly unused, for example burned pots, rusted sieves and individual ceramic cups. Instead of disposing of them or simply leaving them in the basement, give them a new chance by turning them into plant pots.
Small steps from the saucepan to the plant pot
- The decision whether to convert a saucepan or an old teapot into a plant pot is up to you.
- You can keep the worn look of the cooking pot or paint it in a favorite color. The decoration ideas for this are numerous , As an example, you can stick the cooking pot or the teapot with pebbles, broken glass or tile pieces, decorate with rope etc.
- If you want to plant the desired plant directly in the pot (without a plastic pot), place stones on the bottom of the pot. These will take on the role of drainage. You can also drill holes in the bottom of the pot, but then you will also need a saucer.
A wonderful upcycling idea
Why should you choose to turn old dishes into plant pots?
- By upcycling the old objects and giving them a new life, you protect the environment.
- The old crockery looks very artful and will give your garden and balcony a fresh look.
- They bring a unique charm with them and ensure a characterful garden appearance.
- The combination of such different sized, large and small plant pots will make the garden or balcony a bit more playful and make for great accents.
You can also use other old items in your garden, on the balcony or on the terrace. In our pictures below we show you some unique ideas for it.
Give old things a new life
A great DIY wind chime in combination with flowers
Almost all objects can be transformed into plant pots
In the kitchen you will find the most unused and unusable
Much more interesting and eyacatching are the homemade plant pots
A flower basket of old cake tin
Attach the saucer through a screw
A colorful and very interesting garden idea
Paint the old drawer and plant beautiful flowers
The ceramic cups are perfect for cactus species
Almost every one of us knows this idea
A great hanging garden with flowers and herbs
In every house there are many unnecessary objects
The succulents will feel very comfortable in the old ladles
A great idea for garden rust decoration
Your photo was saved successfully