Light in the garden – atmospheric lighting concepts
As soon as the first rays of sunshine pass the cold winter, the first garden owners begin to prepare their garden for the approaching spring. They cut wood, dust plant pots, clean paths, cleanse self-created terraces and repair damaged fences. They all have in common that they want to show their garden in the best light. To ensure that this happens all year round and 24/7, the right lighting is supported. How a garden can be upgraded with the right lighting is the subject of this article.
Targeted illuminated accessories develop individual charm.
Planning the lighting concept
With light sources, a garden can be changed in no time at all.
- Bright, glistening pillars of light reaching into the sky seem futuristic.
- Glowing lamps near the ground create a cozy atmosphere.
- Spots that spotlight solitary plants provide an artistic touch.
There are many ways to put the garden in the right light, like this one Great ideas for garden lighting demonstrate. For the lighting concept to fit in with your own ideas, garden owners should think carefully about what they really want to achieve with the lighting. They should not lose sight of the costs, but compare the offers of different suppliers of lamps and luminaires. On Directory of online shops for lights and lamps gives you a quick overview of finding the right luminaires online.
Safety first – when light should provide safety and visibility
If safety and visibility are top priorities, then bright light sources with a wide cone of light are a must. In the safety lighting concept, driveways, entrance areas and paths should be adequately lit. In addition, it is recommended to illuminate dark corners and confusing garden situations as well. In general, it is advisable not to let trees overgrow so that the garden remains manageable. Anyone looking for basic ideas for garden design can be one of the past or past the current state garden show 2017 visit in Bad Lippspringe. In each garden show, there is a range of model private gardens, which remain over the duration of the state garden show away and invite years later to visit.
Does a garden need colored light?
A look at the color theory shows:
- Orange has a stimulating effect and promotes pleasure.
- Yellow cheers up and lets tensions disappear.
- Violet inspires and promotes peaceful feelings.
- White gives clarity.
To benefit from these effects, garden owners can plant their garden accordingly and implement color concepts. If, for example, generous lavender beds on mild summer nights are gently illuminated by mild rays of light, this creates an unmistakably peaceful atmosphere. In order to combine colors cheaply, it is worthwhile to carry out a sophisticated planting plan. Some suggestions for the contribution provides Colors in the garden, on balcony and terrace ,
- In a garden, which was created with a color-coordinated concept, colored light sources are to be used sparingly.
- One possibility, for example, is to illuminate individual beds in their high-flowering phase in such a way that the colors are displayed to perfection. The light itself takes a back seat, the flowering plants are the stars.
- In a white garden, however, colored lights are spot-on or area-wide an unusual way to create lighting effects. Why not give a new color dress at night to a radiant white flowering shrub rose with a yellow-orange color scale? LED technology makes it possible to also implement light experiments in the garden – either on the plants themselves, on the building or on the paving. Another advantage of the LED technology is the energy efficiency, which has a gentle effect on the wallet.
Unusual and unmistakable: Colored garden lights.
At the latest in the end of October / beginning of November, the last splashes of color have disappeared from the garden. Even then, the subject color is again in the foreground. Gardens with
- bright trails are opened or
- bright house walls
are suitable for the individual lighting effect even outside the growing season. So that the private garden does not become a colorful light show, less is more. It is better to illuminate individual walls, paths or art objects in color than to create an overly wild color spectacle. Support-seeking garden owners get support from a landscape architecture office. The federation of German landscape architects (BDLA) offers with its Online directory of planning offices an overview of registered landscape architects.
Electricity in the garden – observe laws and regulations
As long as the garden lighting is powered by solar energy, ie no buried cables or sockets need to be connected, consumers can easily start on their own. But when electrical lines are pulled across the ground, then attacks § 13 (2) of the Low Voltage Connection Ordinance (NAV) :
“Except for the network operator, work may only be performed by an installer registered in a network operator’s installer directory.”
In short: Garden owners do not get around to hire a specialist for the electrical installation. However, the commissioning should only take place when the lighting concept stands. Otherwise, it can quickly happen that the electrician does not suggest the position of the light sources according to aesthetic, personal or color concept relevant aspects, but places the technical claim in the foreground. Electricians are not lighting designers and certainly not garden designers – the concept development is therefore better kept in the hands of garden owners or their appointed landscape architects.
Lamp as an art object
pixabay.com © geralt (CC0 Public Doamin)
pixabay.com © RonPorter (CC0 Public Doamin)
pixabay.com © azboomer (CC0 Public Doamin)